These healthier pancakes are really quick and easy to make. They're high in protein and if you add pumpkin seeds you're get some zinc which is important for supporting the immune system & fertility.
They go really well with defrosted frozen berries or a drizzle of honey. Why not try these as an alternative to traditional pancakes and don't just save them for pancake day!
1 ripe banana, peeled
50 – 75g whole oats or gluten free oats (depending if you want flat or thicker pancakes)
1 tbsp Greek yogurt or dairy free alternative
¼ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
To cook: 1 tbsp coconut oil
To serve: Fresh berries, Greek yogurt/dairy free yogurt, pumpkin seeds and honey (optional)
1. In a blender, combine the banana, eggs, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
2. Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it.
3. If you have time – allow the batter to stand for ten minutes to thicken slightly.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and add a little coconut oil.
5. Using a tablespoon, add spoonful of the batter, flatten slightly and cook until golden brown on both sides.
6. Serve with berries, pumpkin seeds, Greek yoghurt and honey (optional).