This is a great gluten and dairy free bread. It has a sweet taste so goes well with some homemade jam or honey, alternatively omit the honey and have it as a savoury option. The sesame seeds in the tahini are rich in calcium and the pumpkin seeds provide, iron, zinc and fibre, all important fertility supporting nutrients.
Vegetarian, vegan & gluten free
300g light tahini sesame paste
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
30ml apple cider vinegar
1 tsp fine sea salt
1-2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 160c fan and line a 250g loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. Combine all the ingredients, except for the pumpkin seeds, in a food processor or mix with a spoon in a large bowl.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, then sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until it is cooked through and golden.
5. Leave it to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out on to a wire rack to finish cooling before slicing.
Recipe sourced from: The Good Stuff by Lucinda Miller