Eggs are a fabulous fertility food as they contain lots of choline which is essential for healthy conception and pregnancy. This is a nutrient that is easy to be deficient in, so making sure eggs are a regular part of your diet is a sure fire way of getting yours. These Muffin Frittatas are great as a breakfast option or on the go snack. You can make them in advance, so they are perfect to grab when you are short on time.
Vegetarian, & gluten free
2 large pinches of sea salt & a large pinch of black pepper
3 carrots or 3 courgettes, roughly grated (or a mix of both)
A handful of veg – try chopped red pepper, fennel or peas
1 onion or leek, or some spring onions or fresh chives (dice, chop or snip them finely as you won’t be frying them)
1 large garlic clove, finely diced
Any spices or herbs, fresh or dried
A large handful of grated hard cheese, i.e. Cheddar, Gruyère or Parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to fan 190°C.
2. Grease a muffin tray well with a little butter or use paper cases.
3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the salt and pepper, cheese, vegetables & any spices or herbs.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 14 minutes.
6. To check if they are done, give the muffin tray a wobble – the frittatas should be just set in the middle.
7. Remove the frittatas from the tray and leave to cool on a wire rack.