How about making some guacamole? Have it as a dip with crudites, enjoy with fajitas or as an accompaniment to a Chilli con carne. Avocados are a nutrient dense plant based food that is high in many nutrients particularly for fertility, such as;
- Monounsaturated fatty acids - consuming these fats is associated with lower rates of ovulatory infertility, these fats can also help decrease inflammation in the body.
- Folate - a B vitamin which plays a role in preventing birth defects and impacts egg quality. Folate is also needed for making new DNA and proteins and is critical in detoxification.
- Insoluble and soluble fibre - to support gut health and healthy gut bacteria.
Vegetarian, vegan, gluten & dairy free
- 1 soft avocado, scoop out the flesh and mash
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 small tomato diced
- Spring onion finely sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil and seasoning to taste.
In a bowl or small food processor combine the avocado, lime juice, seasoning and olive oil until smooth. Mix in the spring onion and tomatoes and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.